Friday, November 30, 2012

Chapter 65 All a Father Can Do

  "Reeve Kenneth."
  "Father McGreggor."
  "How are ye fairing?"

  "Each day the pain lessens..."
  "I understand what it is to lose a son."
  "Ye?  A man of the cloth?  Was it before.."
  "Jest keep to yourself if ye don't mind."
  Reeve Kenneth sensed he shouldn't press the man.
  "It's more than that...first me wife...now both me boys...I haven't any family left."
  "Ye could start another."
  "I could...I don't know if I want to...maybe..."
  "Too much loss?"
  "At the moment yes.  I wish I still had me some family."
  "If I can do anything for ye..."
  "The sun has set Father surely ye are wanted back at the monastery.  Lord knows there is nothing to be done fer me."
  "There is one thing."
  "What is that Father?"
  "I will pray fer ye.  Sometimes that is all a Father can do."
  Reeve Kenneth caught the other message there.  He prayed that night at his bedside for his sons passed, and his wife Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment