Monday, May 14, 2012

Chapter 2 The Lionheart's Party Begins on a Sour Note

  "Your Majesty", Samuel Roberts said stiffly.
  It seemed rather poor luck that they should both be invited to the Lionheart's home on the same night.
  "Good afternoon."  This was a good sign.  A king was by no means obligated to address his subjects.  Then his eyes narrowed.
  "You look familiar."
  "For saying Remembrance had no business in your dungeon?"  Then hastily he added, "Your Majesty."
  "And that merchant wench had no business spying on the castle."
  Hearing his wife spoken of in this way broke his heart.
  "She is my wife."
  "You will address me as Your Majesty."
  Surprised, Samuel leaned away from his King.
  "Yes Your Majesty."
  King Lovejoy circled Samuel.  Then stopped and looked up.
  Lady Yarrow had entered her kitchen softly.
  This was not going as she planned.
  She curtsied sweetly before her King.
  And when she rose her gaze was stern.
  "Your Majesty, is this any way to behave before a lady?"
  King Leon was caught off guard.
  "My Lady, you know you may address me as King Leon.  You are my dearest friend."
  Lord Richard joined her side.
  Lady Yarrow pleaded silently with her husband.
  She then turned her gaze back to King Leon Lovejoy.
  "I see you've met my future brother-in-law?"
  King Leon seemed at a loss.
  Lady Yarrow surveyed him silently.
  "Please, forgive me Yarrow."
  Lord Richard's rich voice filled the room.  "Our festivities can continue in the other room."
  Lord Richard motioned with his hands in case his friend didn't get the hint.  Without hesitating he then left the room.
  King Leon followed as if the invitation had been for him alone.
  Lady Yarrow noticed Samuel's hesitation.
  "Shall we?" she asked pleasantly.
  As they left the room together Lady Yarrow tried to put on a noble smile.  After all, this couldn't get worse, could it?

2 comments:

  1. King Leon looks rather exotic... Even if he's being quite rude here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way King Leon looks. He is wearing my favorite Kingly attire. His face has more of a royal dignity than any other sim in the game, which is partly luck. I also think his hair is just right for a king. My teen daughter tells me he looks like a girl... I tried to explain about medieval nobles having longer hair, and royals wearing purple, and she says, "MOM! He looks like a GIRL!" I thought you might get a laugh out of that.

    Thank you EkhoGirl.

    ReplyDelete