Monday, May 21, 2012

Chapter 9 Noble Son

  "Oh Edelweiss.  I will miss you."
  "Mrrow?"
  "I know darling, I know.  It seems only yesterday you were my little kitten."
  Lady Yarrow went to check on her "kittens".  She watched Henry a moment.  Her "baby" studying.
  How quickly they had grown.
  Lady Yarrow folded her hands and whispered a prayer.
  "Oh Lord, I thank thee for our many blessings.  While we must give up our little cat and our sheep, I thank thee that our family at least will still be together.  I pray thee, may my dear husband find means that we needn't leave our home."
  Again she wanted to add.  May we not need to leave our home again.  They had a finer home with better land when they had first wed.  Lord Richard had done the best he could.  Taxes and rent were high, especially for the nobles.  But things had been worse since Winifred Sanders died.  Lord Richard didn't have the heart to charge widow Sanders as much as he had her husband.
  She heard the billiard balls knock together.
  "Thank you Lord for my gentle husband and loving sons.  Amen."
  "Don't fret Mother."
  "Father will do his best by us, he always does."
  "Do you not know that I will carry on in his place?  You will always be cared for dear Mother."
  "God bless you Alexander."

No comments:

Post a Comment