Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chapter 30 I Must Hesitate No More

  She is here as she often is.  But today is different.  Today I am going to kiss her.  I will walk right up to her and place my lips upon hers.
  Francis stood frozen to the spot.
  Why did I think this was a good idea again?
  I can't just ignore what she said.  It wasn't so long ago, back when there was still snow upon the ground.  I had asked the fair maiden if she had eyes for my brother.  She had leaned forward confidentially, and words like honey fell from her lips.
  "No.  I would rather marry a man with locks of gold."
  The Sanders sisters have been here nearly every day.  It's time to push this curtain aside.
  Just one look at my locks of gold...
  Imagine me, the second son, married to Goldilocks Sanders.
  Stop looking at the door and open it.
  "Goldilocks?"
  "Yes Francis?"
  Just look at her lips!  They are begging for mine.  What have I been so nervous for?
  "I have noticed your fine birthing hips."
  Goldilocks lowered her gaze bashfully.  Francis leaned forward, brushing his fingers upon her arm.
  See how she puckers her lips?  I must hesitate no more.
  Francis leaned forward to kiss the fair Goldilocks.
  "What are you doing?"
  "But is this not what you wanted?"
  "Francis I - I -"
  "I am going home."
  Goldilocks scampered off like a frightened hare leaving Francis there in boyish tears.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Yeah, that's the way to get a kiss--"I have noticed your fine birthing hips". *eyeroll*

    You go, Goldilocks! Let the boy who appreciates you for more than your looks get the first kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess, I completely stole that line. In the movie Dark Shadows the vampire uses that line as a compliment. It was something men looked for... Afterward between myself, my teen daughter and her friends we were snickering endlessly about that line.

    It was just too tempting. Into the story it went

    ReplyDelete