Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chapter 31 Kissing Boys

  Goldilocks went straight from the Frell's house to home.  She fled up the stairs hoping she went unnoticed.
  What kind of girl dost Francis think I am?

  To think he tried to kiss me!
  Goldilocks huffed to the bathing room and closed both doors.
  And what if I had let him kiss me?!
  With this thought her anger evaporated.
  What if I had let him kiss me?
  She lingered on this thought.
  What is it like to kiss a man?
  Goldilocks tried to imagine it, kissing the air before her.
***
  On the morrow Clover approached her sister in the yard.
  "Goldilocks, wait."
  Goldilocks hesitated.
  "Are ye all right sister?"
  Goldilocks looked into her sister's kind face.
  "Yes."
  Clover started fidgeting.
  "What is it Clover?"
  "Why didn't ye let Francis kiss ye?"
  "And be a bad girl?"
  "Kissing Francis would hardly make ye a bad girl.  He is of the same class and neither of ye are promised.  Unless ye have a heart for another man?"
  "My heart is not settled on any man just yet."
  "Than you are free to kiss any man ye please."
  "Than perhaps if the man pleases me I will."
  "You are so lucky Goldilocks.  If I wasn't promised-"
  "Enough of your gossip you two.  The work won't do itself."
  Honey watched her girls do as she bid, grateful to have such good daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment